Waikato Medical Research Foundation
The Waikato Medical Research Foundation (WMRF) is a charitable foundation established in 1986 to promote, encourage and sustain medical research in the Waikato region.
It has supported research projects including studies of leukaemia, stroke, diabetes, head injury therapy, medically useful natural products, antibacterial properties of human breast milk and honey, asthma, breast cancer and coping with disability.
This research is being performed in major Waikato institutions including the University, Waikato Hospital, Ruakura Research Centre, WINTEC and at the Peter Rothwell Academic Centre at Waikato Hospital.
The Foundation is supported by donors, benefactors and Trust Waikato. A growth in the research potential of the Waikato region has led to a need for more funding.
At the Annual General Meeting held in September 2017, Dr Margaret (Maggie) Fisher agreed to remain as chairperson for the 2017/18 financial year. Thank you , Maggie!
Apply for a grant for medical and health research
If you wish to apply for a grant for medical and health research, please refer to the apply for funding page.
2019 GRANT ROUND -
Applications are now invited for research proposals that are related to health and medical topics.
Go to "ABOUT / APPLY FOR FUNDING"
- The Waikato Medical Research Foundation Research Fund Appeal
- Research Fund Appeal Brochure 2013/14
- Turning cancer mountain into a virtual molehill: 23 September 2013
- Medical researcher's quest to assist patients: 29 June 2013
- Research leader raises its profile: 15 December 2012
- Keeping the best in Waikato: 6 April 2013
- WMRF Launch Function, Gallagher's Residence, March 2014
- WMRF Launch Function, Gallagher's Residence, Photos, March 2014
- WMRF Interview Dr Karalus, Chairman and Medical Team Co-Chairs, Drs Buchanan and Rademaker, April 2014
- Waikato Business News : Interview, Dr Noel Karalus, August 2014
- Waikato Business News : Interview : Mr Peter De Luca August 2014
- Waikato Business News : Interview : Dr Peter Rothwell September 2014 (part 1)
- Waikato Business News : Interview : Dr Peter Rothwell September 2014 (part 2)
- Waikato TImes Article, Fundraising Dinner, Gallagher's Residence, August 2014
- Waikato TImes Article : Research Pledge Made Hamilton Midland Imaging Group and Hamilton Radiology, August 2014
To Contact Us:
Phone: 07 8398750 Administration, Waikato Clinical Campus or
Administrator, Robyn Fenneman, on 021 639775
Please consider supporting us
If you wish to gift funds for medical and health research undertaken in the Waikato region, please complete a donation form or donate online and help your community today. We need your support!